Uniondale January 29th, 2009

The drive to Uniondale Long Island type thingie yo was actually aces. I made it in 2 1/2 hours. That's a record. I only spent half hour in the hell that is Staten Island! LOL I got to the venue early enough that parking was free. I was met by my favourite guys!


The weather was nice despite Vinnie being wrapped up in a parka and face mask. I tought it was hi-larious!!! But then I've got five years of Wisconsin and one of Alaska under my belt. I was giggly happy that he and Lissette made it out to the venue. It became old home week. Just chatting with people I knew and hadn't seen in ages.







I got my bum to work at 3pm on the dot. Got a tour of the facility. Guided to the Production Office, shown where I got to film, and released to go back outside to hang with my mates. I took the meet and greeters down and we just hung out. Now the fun began! I was asked twice about why I had a camera. The funny thing was, I had just finished telling a punter how the union in Boston was more hard assed than Uniondale. Last tour no problems in Uniondale - Aggro in Boston. Gio had to step in to get this dude off my back. LOL This tour Boston was a breeze and Uniondale had aggro. So, this guy asked me where I got the camera from. Being a teacher, precision of language, I say "Production office." He tells me I can't film in here. I tell him I was asked to film and he'd have to take it up with my supervisor and he's in the production office. Well he huffed and grumbled and walked away. Not five minutes later another Nassau Coliseum dude goes ..."what are you filming...." I'm like "the meet and greet winners...." He starts to give me the spiel about not being allowed to film and I'm like talk to my supervisor!




So finally the first guy comes back and says ...."This is Tommy. He's your shadow." Where ever I go - Tommy from the union goes. Unbelievable! LOL At least this Tommy dude was cool.



Anyways - all my favourite people were on the rail that night. I had a great view from where I was filming. Dinner service was scrumptious. I had bacon, olive oil baby red potatoes, beef tenderloin to die for! It was baby pink, no marbling, easy to cut against the grain. It melted in my mouth! It was about an inch and a half thick! Very soft, juicy, heavenly! It lounged in it's own juices and had a lightly peppery taste. The bacon in Boston was better. This bacon was crispy but slightly more greasy. It had more fat on it than Boston's bacon. The coffee was lame and there was no Dr. Pepper.


The show was aces. I got to watch it from a little video screen. LOL It's like being removed from the action. I can't get "into" the show because I have to film and block in my head. I had a running story board in my head of shots I wanted. LOL I kept sending subliminal messages to the guys so they'd hit my invisible marks. LOL It was a two camera shoot, so basically I had to tag anyone who was facing me. There were no wide angle shots as there was not enough room for it. I did get a nice roll of Lars taking someone's camera and taking their picture from the stage. I played it safe for the song designated for MetOnTour. I do have that artsy eye, but this is not something to monkey around with. LOL I truly enjoy filming; the meet and greets, the show. It's "easy". It's like stepping back into my old life. Gosh, I don't know. Uniondale. Friends. Metallica. Bacon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pluto starting new All Godzilla Channel

Suicidal Angels - All Your Thrash Metal Needs are Right Here

Ishi: The Last Yahi